7.14.2008

Old Skool Monday 37337




It's super cool when bands that inspired me release albums around the same time. You think Beck, Weezer, The Foo Fighters would ever play a show together? It's been a while since my last update.. the problem has been that I usually blog from my now defunct iPhone. As of tomorrow this problem should be somewhat abated in that I got a decent bonus in my last paycheck at an old job and I should have the means to purchase a new one. In the mean time.. I picked up two new records these last few weeks that I find pretty interesting. Make that three.. Beck has a new record out. More on that soon as I have not listened to it thoroughly enough to justify writing anything about it.
 


This Alkaline Trio record could be the big one for them. There's a few tracks that are just acoustic renditions of other tracks on the disc so that could have been cooler. I still really like the production and feel of this disc. If you haven't listened to them, you should pick it up and try not to do it when you're depressed.

The Offspring - Rise And Fall, Rage And Grace [Front-Cover]

The Offspring's new record Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace is pretty rad. It has an old school sound reminiscent of Smash, which is pleasant to me due to the fact that Smash and Out Come the Wolves were my first two albums. I'll just say that he is sounding more like Weird Al and less punk rock but if you can get passed that, you've got a pretty good record. We'll ignore the Ace of Base that I had from somewhere in my CD collection.

Other than that I now work for the man at Bank of America, I'm a loan officer. So if you're buying a house, you call me, I feed my baby who has a mohawk. You like babies with mohawks.

I think sometimes, working two jobs, taking 2 accelerated courses, and taking care of a family and church responsibilities will kill me. Like that guy in Japan who just died working on the new Camry. He worked himself to death with 90 hour weeks. Nothing is worth that. So don't work so hard that you can't spend time with your loved ones. Don't cop out because it's hard or you won't ever have what you want. It's a clever game they play. Check this -- Viewzi.com is local grown and it's rad.


No comments: